Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yep, I'm the new girl

So as many of you know, I recently started working at Abercrombie for my last month here. HA. I have just had so many funny and embarrassing experiences there. So here you go and I hope you get a laugh.

-  So the other day a light burnt out and a fellow employee with the help of my manager got a latter and was fixing the light and everything but she realized it had broken past the point of just switching the bulb so my manager called someone to fix it. So we kept the latter out. My manager asked me if I was affraid of hights and if not,  to grab the stuff at the top of the latter (gloves and stuff) and then hide it. So I start to climb the latter and I'm thinking 'Oh my gosh...these are the skinniest steps in the world and so flimsy! I'm not afraid of heights but I was concerned with the stability of the latter. Right as I'm getting to the top my manager is like"Oh my gosh, JULIA! you climbed the latter on the wrong side! Yup, its definitely my second day of work, and I climbed the latter the wrong way almost falling to my death. It didn't hurt my pride at all...

-Yesterday a guy probably in his forties walked in and was like "excuse me, this might be a dumb question, but do you guys sell that one thing.. Juicy..Juicy..." "juicy couture?" ya that! haha no....that would be Nordstrom.

-My favorite is when you ask someone if you can help them and you immediately regret your decision because they start to talk with this super heavy accent, whether it be Russian, or middle eastern or oriental,  and honestly they start to talk and I'm like crap, I have no idea what your saying. And multiple times I've just had to flat out be like, " I'm sorry, can you repeat that? and I try with all my might to catch one word.

-A cute one was when a lady pushing a stroller walks in and is like, "every time I walk by your store I smell it and just absolutely love it. Where can I find the cologne? ...I wonder if my husband will like it..
so I point her in the direction and minutes later she walks out of the store with a small bad and a smile on her face, about to surprise her husband with this wonderful smell, that he will now smell like. I thought it was cute :)

-One that goes with the strong accents. I asked this guy ( asian, in his 50's) if there was anything he needed help with and he said something about sweaters and he had like 5 on his arm and I was just like umm theres more in the corner over there. I kind of forgot about him and like an hour later he walks out with eight bags. eight. of the big ones! Do you realize how much money that is? Easily $2,000! And Im like oh have a good day! "Oh I'll be back!" He says. Shoot dang, guy! Then sure enough, I'm back by the register an hour later and there he is checking out tons and tons of clothes. Oh and ya, it was like all girl stuff. He walks out after buying everything and the manager is like, wow, he just spent 4 grand. NO BIG DEAL. All girl stuff in bulk, he's obviously buying to sell later but STILL.

-On my first day, I was trying to hook my walkie talkie to my pocket and instead somehow it went flying across the floor. "I saw that" one of my fellow employees says. it was embarrassing.

-yesterday I met the only guy manager we have for the first time. He introduced himself and I me and we went to shake hands but somehow my hand got like stopped or something and we ended up shaking each others fingers. And he's beautiful too. I was embarrassed.

Just some funny things that have happened there, I love working there so much, and wish I had applied right when I got back instead of waiting so long.

Love, the girl thats never been a preppy girl,
but is enjoying working at the preppy of all preppy stores,

3 comments:

  1. haha, funny! Thanks for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! dang girl I miss you so much! i literally cracked up at every story...especially the first one bahaha you would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha first off i never knew you had a blog!! you need to tell me these things! :) ha

    and second. i've always wanted to work at abercrombie. sure seems fun! love all of your stories! sure made me laugh! haha

    love you!

    ReplyDelete