Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Bud

So this past thursday was Gil, my horses birthday, he is no longer here, but in a much better place (died 4 years ago the day before Thanksgiving) It was very sudden, I found out that he had colic and not 3 hours later I was making the decision to have to put him down. It was HORRIBLE. And I miss him, he is THE best horse ever, and I cannot wait to see him again. He would have turned 20, but he will stay 16 forever :)
Is he not the most handsome thing you've every seen?
(look at them muscles :))
This pic is awesome, its a shame my face is less than ideal!
He was so easy goin!
He let us do anything on him,  
well I guess he was my first kiss.... me and my friend always said our
 horses were our boyfriends haha
GAH. i miss him.

lucky boy with all the green grass :)

SO BUFF


my favorite picture of us two
  Well bud, Happy Birthday to you, I miss making you your grain cakes, and riding you all the time, and eating your grain...and me going somewhere in the field and you following me everywhere, I miss that loud whinny you gave me when I showed up when you were sick, it was more of a scream that said "Help me" and it made me cry, I miss coming home from school and just hopping on your back (thank-you for being short enough that I could), I miss teaching you new things, like how to bow, and with one touch of the lunge rope and you'd start backing up, ha that one took a while to teach, but you got so good at it, i just miss you, and cannot wait to see you again, then we can talk about all the things we did to each other when we lost our tempers, hopefully it doesn't get too personal :) I love you so much bud, you are the perfect horse and I was so lucky to have you. Love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment