Saturday, April 16, 2011

the Burg

I'm here, I'm here I'm here! The drive up wasn't bad at all, actually it went pretty fast! We thought my truck, because it is quite old,  would have to go like 65 the whole way, HA, my truck was like, suck it, I'm going 80 for 12 hours strait. Ya, it was beautiful, AND I found out, thanks to my marvelous brother J, that it has cruise control! Best discovery for the drive yesterday. Before we left, we had a lot of work done on the truck so it would be in supreme condition for the trip and for me at school. We had the breaks fixed, pads replaced, disks smoothed out, belts replaced, an oil change, and by the time they were done with it they said it was basically brand new. So you can imagine our disappointment when 1 hour into the drive (David and I were in the Jeep behind J int the truck) the truck suddenly slowed down and died. AHH. freak out for a moment, prayers said, and then dad called! My truck has two gas tanks and it was filled up the night before, so obviously we wouldn't run out of gas an hour into the drive. Well the back gas tank we noticed when we started the drive was like half full, and we're like, I thought mom filled it up? But the back gas tank is tricky and confusing and sometimes stops filling up and acts like its "full" even when its not and the gas gage for that one isn't the most splendid. So what do you know, the first thing my dad says, after we're all like looking under the hood, cause we all know so much about cars, is switch the gas tank to the front one. Psh ya, we were just out of gas, it was a little freak out moment that was actually kind of funny, and after that everything went super smoothly.

Ha and then theres the 2 hour stretch in Idaho and Rexburg before you get on 33 to head to Rexburg that has NO GAS STOPS. At least thats what it felt like. So we filled up in Missoula and then were on our way! Once we burned through one gas tank and were on 3/4 of a tank (the truck guzzles) I told J the next gas station we would stop......45 minutes later.....1/8 of a tank and I was freaking out. WE'RE GUNNA RUN OUT OF GAS was a line that was yelled frequently from myself. Every exit, had nothing, I don't even know what the exits would be used for, there would be this road that looked depressing and tried to look for something around. nope nothing, and then there would be this sign that said next exit 10 mils, what? THIS ONE BETTER HAVE GAS. ha nope. it was like 10 miles after that and I was so thankful when I saw the sign for a gas station! We were exiting right when the line was reaching empty woo, we made it!

The new fitness center here? SUPERB. just though I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment