Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blind Date

So yesterday morning I went on a blind date, it was a double with one of my friends and her boyfriend. It was in the morning because my friends boyfriend had to work later. So they picked us up at my friend Alivias house and then we went to Brennon (my blind dates) house and ate cinnabon that they had bought before hand. If you know me pretty well, I am not a big cinnamon roll person, but what was I gunna say, hmm not a huge fan! sorry not gunna eat that. haha then they were getting drinks and I haven't had real milk in a long time, i prefer almond milk. But they were asking about drinks but other things were going on and I think the fact that I wanted water didn't really get heard. So they come over with 4 tall huge glasses of milk. So I'm eating this cinnamon roll thats okay and I'm totally feeling nasty for eating something that sugary for breakfast and to wash it down, I had milk. haha I took a sip and it was all I could do to take like 5 more. haha I used the excuse, "im too full to drink the rest! i had like a whole glass of milk left.

I'm making it sound like a big deal, but it really wasn't because the date was so much fun and I did't show any hint of not liking the things! (I just found it amusing because my brothers make fun of me with all the things I don't like and have said before "man, your husband is gunna try and surprise you one morning and bring you cinnamon rolls, or make you pancakes or french toast and you're gunna be like, umm sorry hunny, I don't like those!" haha so it just made me laugh inside)

but right away we got along great. I've never been my whole self on a date ever, i'm pretty sure that applies with when I was dating Tyrel too. I dunno, I've just never let guys see my crazy side if I'm interested in them. I'm afraid I'll scare them off, which, is probably true haha. cause i am so weird. and I know that. But right away I was laughing joking, quoting movies, making faces, it was SO FUN! he was funny and weird (in a good way) too, I think thats why I felt so comfortable. At one point I made the face for alivia (the most ugly face of all time) and she's like oh Julia show that to Brennon. haha at that point I couldn't say no without disappointing some people, so I did it! dude, I'm afraid to show some people im friends with that face and here I go on a first date with this awesome guy, and I show it to him. haha ya he laughed for a long time, and like grabbed his mouth with shocked eyes and was silently cackling to himself for a bit. haha it was funny.

 We played nerts, golf and then country rock band. It was a great date. We were all talking and laughing the whole time. I've never had so much fun on a date!

Dude, and we had some similarities, we're both exercise science majors, both our families are avid Pinocle players, we both love quoting movies, talking in accents, country music and being obnoxiously funny/ weird. we're probs gunna hang out tonight with some singles ward people and maybe a couple more times in the next 11 days before I go to Idaho and him to Hawaii. It was fun, and I got a new friend from it ( 1 week is just too short for a summer fling, unfortunately haha)


who knew a blind date could be so fun?
who knew that I would instantly know we would get along?

<3 the girl that is now believing that she will find someone that isn't chased away by her crazy weird personality and ugly faces

2 comments: