Monday, July 18, 2011

Thrifting Jackpot

So this semester is basically over (minus 3 finals on wednesday that I have yet to start studying for...) and I will be on my way to McCall people. For 2 weeks of bliss. I was looking through my marvelous BYUI wardrobe and came to realize that I would be at the beach for 2 weeks with only one pair of shorts....I probably would have lived in that one pair the entire 2 weeks and I found that a little raunchy. So I decided to make a DI trip.

Can I just say that I love thrifting? Going through all these old jeans that are nasty and disgusting and then thinking, these are pretty ugly jeans, eh, maybe they'll look good cut into shorts! Put them on, they're 3 sizes too big because you want them to be all lossy goody and comfortable, and they happen to be Lucky Jeans so you think, ya, I would say that is worth $4.00. Then finding 2 other pairs that are high waters and go right past your calves but they make your bum look nice so you think, hey, these could be cut into shorts also! So then you're waiting in line to try on clothes and you're right next to the bathing suites so to pass time you are just shuffling through them and then you come across this adorable retro flowery swimsuit for 2 dollars. Worth trying on? I'd say yes. You end up walking away with 3 ugly pairs of jeans and an adorable retro swimsuit for about 15 bucks. Quite Brilliant.

Those 3 ugly pair of jeans? Now adorable cut offs for my two great weeks at the beach. And those Lucky's? Possibly my new favorite bottoms. Paired with that bathing suit? perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment