Sunday, July 10, 2011

This is Sparta

This past weekend some guys from my ward, a couple girls, my brother, his roommate and myself all did the Super Spartan in Utah. SO COOL. SO HARD. KILLER. DEATH. PAIN. FUN. INCREDIBLY EPIC. and just plain legit. The first mile or 2 let me tell you, were deadly. We went straight up a mountain. Literally. it was the first half a mile and everyone started walking already. haha it was INSANE and so hard! We went up and then ran along the edge, then went straight down. It was such a relief! It was super steep so I was grabbing trees to help me not fall. It was so hot outside! About 85, and there were only 3 water stations, so that made it a little difficult, actually quite difficult. And I would say total that 5 miles of the whole thing was uphill. Broken up of course, but I was not prepared for that! It was deadly. I had to walk a lot. But all I can think about is doing my next one! My training starts tomorrow baby! We want to do the one in Malibu, Ca on November 12, I'm going to start saving up my plasma money now :)

Here were the obstacles:
(if they could not be completed, then 30 burpees were done, aka death)
1. jump over a wall, then run under a net thing
2. I'm going to count the 2 mile Mt. as one
3. Over a wall, under a wall, through a wall, then repeated again
4. Shooting a gun (I had to do the burpees)
5. Up a net rope thing
6. Over a 6 foot wall, then 8 ft wall, then 10 ft wall (Jake had to help me over the 8ft and then there was a little step for the ladies  on the 10 ft)
7. Balancing on boards turned on there sides (about 1 inch wide)
8. Short logs stuck in the ground , balance walk, got half way, then had to do burpees :/
9. Carry cinder blocks up a hill and back down
10. Climb a rope, I DID IT
11. Pull a tire up a bridge
12. Rubrics cube, had to complete the white side
13. Monkey bars (embarrassing, but I fell, burpees!!!
14. Javelin Throw, burpees were done...
15. Rope climb up a really soapy slope, does that make sense?
16. Barbed wire mud crawl
17. Mud walk through this muddy pit

All this throughout 8 miles in the Mountains.
I cannot wait to do one again. Its ridiculous.
Starting to train and do the Spartan Daily Workouts of the day.
they are intense, yep this is happening!!





No comments:

Post a Comment