Friday, September 2, 2011

LAST DAY

tomorrow is my last day at Abercrombie (cue hallelujah chorus). I am so glad to be done with that place. It is just too organized for me, like they're anal, and it drives me crazy! one time I walked in with my hair in a cute messy bun and one of the managers asked me to take it out, she wanted my hair down. well how do you think it's going to look after being in a messy bun?? or my pants wont be rolled correctly, its just crazy. The whole company is so perfectly put together and everything has to be perfect. and believe me, it pretty much is.

when I worked here in the winter, the longest shift I had was 5 1/2 hours. that was the longest shift anyone had, ever. They normally have tons of different models (thats what the people that work on the floor with people are called) and so its very part time. 3 maybe 4 days a week and and some 3 or 4 hours shifts with maybe a 5 1/2 thrown in there. But when we cam back, management was different and we were low on models. I started working 4 or 5 days a week and I was getting 6 1/2 hour shifts. I know 6 1/2 hours really isn't super long to work. The only thing that makes it so difficult is standing for that long in flip flops. by the end of my shifts, I'm limping and my ankles, knees, hips, and lower back are killing me. not good. thats why Abercrombie is a part time job in general.

but this week, we got a whole new floor set and we were low on models....so I got scheduled everyday. woohooo.... m,t,w,th,f, and s.... So I'm looking through my shifts right, seeing how long I work, seeing I have a couple long shifts, and then I saw saturday and I almost died.....

i work tomorrow from 9 to 6. what??????? 8 hours? thats ridiculous, I'm not going to be able to walk! I'm going to be so sick of customers and that playlist, that when I get off, I might just have to go home, put some cucumbers on my eyes and relax in a hot bath.

I'm not complaining about having to work in general for 8 hours, I've done 15 before, but I'm complaining about the fact that I will feel like an old lady tomorrow night, and be limping out of alder wood.

but hey, its my last day right? mine as well go out with a bang.

3 comments:

  1. Wooooo!! You're done!! No more abercrombie! Wooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so the Abercrombie on 5th Avenue in NYC had a line around the block of people waiting to get in. And not just a line, but there was the felt roped fence thing and "bouncers", aka, these poor guys in short shorts and no shirt regulating who could and couldn't get in. I was like, what kind of place is this. Isn't this a STORE??? I'm sorry, but Abercrombie is kind of nuts.

    Also, how do you not have brain cancer or something from the cologne they spray in the store? It makes me gag every time I walk by there.

    Okay, can you tell how much I love Abercrombie? ;) Glad you're almost done. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW. ya, no worries, I don't like it myself! they're insaneee

    ReplyDelete