Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh Baby

TOO MANY GOOD THINGS FOR ONE NIGHT.
Okay, so this friday, is J's and Davids combined dance/birthday party. (There is going to be a guy I'm kind of interested in there)
Forgot about it, got asked out on a date for friday, he's a twin and the other is asking Courtney, super fun right? He's cute and its like my first date this semester, SO EXCITED. 
Tell J about it, "oh no thats our party!!! You can just bring them! um nooo...cause the other guy I'm kinda interested in will be there! 
Later I check my email....."hey julia, just wondering if you wanted to perform this Friday?"
UM YES. CRAP I HAVE A DATE. I want to go on this date, I want to go their party and I want to play at this restaurant. What am I to do. So I just email the guy and say yes I'd love to and asked the time and stuff hoping it would be early evening so that I could get back in time for my date! (Courtney gets off work at 8 so it would have to be after that anyway)

Nope, 8:30 and he wants me to play for 2 hours! 2 HOURS. THAT IS SO LONG WHAT AM I GOING TO PLAY FOR THAT LONG?

By now I'm like freaking outtt. IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THIS.


But then I calmed down. 
Im going to mix in some covers. The covers I'm gunna do so far are
Maybe-Ingrid Michelson
Country Strong-Gweneth Paultrow
The Way I Am- Ingrid Michaelson
A Little bit Stronger- Sara Evans
The House that Built Me- Miranda Lambert
Possibly:Rolling in the Deep- Adele
and thats all I have so far, ANY SUGGESTIONS? please please give them
I have like 12 originals and then I need covers to play I'm nervous!

Also, the date was moved to Saturday, I just called him and switched it. Perfect. Also, I should be home to get the end of J's and Davids party!!

OH BABY :)


k, yes its wednesday and I've missed the past few so here are some wonderfuls:
1. First date this sat. WOOHOO
2. Me singing out HOPEE really loud at stadium singing when it was silent. oops.
3. 3 day sleep over with the roomies, all our beds in the living room. 
4. memorial day weekend. The days were full of "what should we do? i dunno..all day and then the nights were perfect. Bonfires, baseball game where you tried to hit peoples bums, twister, laughing games, BBQ's inside cause its poring and laughs. too much laughing. Oh and wresting. haha
5. yesterday we had a ward party at the dunes, we played vball, capture the flag, bonfire, smores, fliers up, and good tunes.
6. Playing this friday at Wingers!
7. Running into people I have little crushes on, problem.....im never wearing makeup  when this happens and I look like death rolled over. i always beam really big and am like HEYYY. and then I walk away, and remember what I look like..nooooo. I cry a little inside.

1 comment:

  1. man i sure wish i could be there when you perform. so excited to hear how it went! you should sing hide and seek by imogen heap? i remember you sang that in mccall and i liked it!

    ReplyDelete