Saturday, March 17, 2012

crossfit games

1 month ago I signed up for BYUI's crossfit games. There were only 2 other girls on the list, and since I do it about 2 times a week i thought, "what the hey!?"

Then suddenly I was going to go out of town this weekend, so I did nothing to "prepare" myself for the games.

But alas, 3 days ago things changed and  I didn't go out of town so I decided to do it.
of course it took the convincing of some guys at the front desk to persuade me, but I decided to.

It was hard guys. like way hard. One of the girls was a BEAST. and I mean BEAST. and the other 2 were amazing too. There were only 4 of us, and it was clear I was the 4th best. Its not like I was bad or anything,  they were just better, they had been doing crossfit much longer. 

Well I was 100 points behind after the first 3 sets of workouts. But the last one involved swimming, and I beasted it. lapped all of them multiple times and pulled myself from 4th to 3rd! I was so happy.

I was at the gym from 9 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon. haha shooot!! There were like 20 guys, so for each event, there had to be about 3-4 heats. Hears the WOD if you care:

7 mins to find 1 RM Clean & Jerk

AMRAP in 18 minutes: 15 SDLHP (sumo dead lift high pull) (45lbs), 9 burpees, 9 pull-ups, 9 Overhead squat (45 lbs), 20 weighted lunges (25 lbs)

Behind the head ball throw, 3 chances for distance. 30 lbs

AMRAP in 11 minutes: 1 lap swim, 16 hand release push-ups, 1 lap swim, 16 air squats

I had an amazing time, a dang good saturday workout, and I found some crossfit buddies now!

I'm so much more motivated than I was before, I'm gunna start training for next semesters games!

I'm going to start working out with 2 girls I met and one of the guys, tuesdays, wednesdays, fridays and saturdays. So pumped I found other girls that do crossfit!

also, monday i will run 13 miles, my first half marathon! On my own around rexburg.....haha, fun stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment